6 October 2006

Quietly Anxious

I was lounging mid-afternoon looking at my Gina Ford book and trying to figure out how on earth I was supposed to feed baby Knights, get Lily up and organised from her afternoon nap and still get to school on time to pick up Lucy! Now I'm starting to wish we had stuck to the plan to home school, because my time would have been my own to manage. I have to admit to feeling a wee bit resentful about having to work to someone else's timetable. But if that is all I have to worry about in life I'm a pretty fortunate woman.
Well here we are at 37 weeks. The home birth pack has been delivered, the pethidine ordered in just in case, baby Knights' room is fairly close to sorted and the baby clothes/toys etc. have been washed and laid out. It's just a case of waiting. I've had lots of advice about contacting the hospital as soon as I start to feel contractions, rather than waiting until they are so many minutes apart. My last labour was only 4 1/2 hours so we are looking at a quicker one this time round. Thankfully my sis is just round the corner and so is Monica, the midwife who delivered Lily. So long as I promise not to ring in the wee hours of the morning Monica has offered her assistance if we get caught short.
Lots of Jonty's colleagues are quite weirded out by our decision to have a home birth. It's not nearly as messy as you would think and it is so much nicer to be in your own environment. Well here's hoping baby Knights comes very soon.

No comments: