It's taken me a little while to get near the computer...been a bit busy the past few days! Yep you've guessed it Jamie Warwick Knights, who is currently screaming in his crib, came hurtling into the world on Sunday 8th October at 3:11am, weighing in at a tasty bite-sized morsel of 6lbs 7oz (that's 2940 g for those of you on metric). For those of you who were keeping track he was a whole 3 weeks early and caught his parents a bit by surprise.
On Saturday night the Knights family were visiting the Harris family (my sis) to celebrate the birthday of our nephew Joshua. I reminded my sister to get the crib out of her loft and we carried it home under the light of a beautiful full moon. We got the kids into bed once home and settled down to watch a film before going to bed, little suspecting that it would be several hours before we got some sleep!
About 11:30pm I decided to re-arrange my pillows on the bed because I just couldn't get comfy and then it happened - a little gush of water, followed by another. And then nothing happended for half and hour. In the meantime I had phoned the hospital, who told me to come in, but I pleaded sleeping children and asked if they could send someone out. I then spoke to the community midwife who told me I would need to go in to be monitored and then I could return home. So we organised a babysitter (yep at nearly midnight) and were making plans to go to the hospital when the contractions started. Spoke to the community midwife again who told us to stay put and that she would be with us shortly.
By this time my sis had arrived to help out, Jonty got the crib into the wash, which we were hoping would be ready in time and Ruth kept and eye out for the midwife. Mari (midwife) arrived (without the gas & air) and we got down to the business of labour, sorting out Jamie's room and getting something organised for him to wear. The second midwife (Gloria) arrived about 40 mins before Jamie was born with the gas & air (thankfully) and I hung on to it for dear life and was extremely sad to see it go when everthing was packed up!
Unbelievably the girls slept through the entire thing (I was making loads of noise) and didn't wake up until after everyone left about 4:15am and were then treated to the sight of their new brother. They were suprised to say the least!
10 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment