15 October 2006

The Week That Was















Wicket & Uncle Phil

Auntie Ruth & Josh

At 3:11am this morning while I was feeding Jamie I gave a little shudder. As glad as I am that he's here it will be a long time before I forget those last moments of labour. Well this has certainly been a busy week in the Knights household, and apart from occaisional breastfeeding trauma things have gone relatively according to plan. Over the past two nights Jamie has adhered to the Gina Ford routine (good lad), which has made life slightly more manageable. I had intended to just let Jamie do his own thing for the first week of his life, but as I'm a tad anal I couldn't resist the temptation to impose a routine.
Over this week Jamie has managed to pick up several nicknames: 'Warwick the wolf', because he was born during a full moon, came courtesy of my niece Eleanor (smelly child), 'Kermit the Frog', courtesy of his parents, 'Hamie', pronounced 'Hay mee', courtesy of Lily, and 'Wicket' courtesy of Uncle Phil. Jamie has been registered at all the appropriate places, ignored all the visitors that have popped in to see him and slept through his first food shopping trip. He does open his eyes around 5:45pm till 6:30pm and they appear to be grey but that'll probably change with time.
Next week should be an interesting one as Jonty goes back to work and I try and manage the two younger ones. What are the odds that I'll be a screaming harridan or raving lunatic by the end of the week?

No comments: