With apologies to friends who are teachers given in advance, can anyone enlighten me as to the point of parents evening? This time every year parents go through the ritual of attending an appointment with the class teacher only to be faced by someone who hasn't a clue about your child. Which one were they again? Methinks the class size is too big if the teacher can't remember what a child looks like! And what has Number 1 daughter been up to in class? Well the teacher couldn't really elaborate on that either!!
If I ever needed my resolve strengthened to consider home education (which I don't) that parent/ teacher meeting clinched it! Roll on de-registration and home education - 9 months and counting. Why home ed? Because I want my children to enjoy learning and not merely become repositories of facts that are then regurgitated for SATs/ exams etc. Because I want the flexibility to teach subjects that are not included in the National Curriculum. But mostly because Number 1 daughter is able to learn more outside the classroom than in it. And we hate getting up early to do the school run.
Here endeth the rant for today!
11 October 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment