13 October 2005

Thru The Eyes of a Child...

I spent this morning visiting Number 1 daughter's school, as I had been invited to the Harvest Assembly. I was accompanied by Number 2 daughter, who found the whole thing hugely entertaining. There was the headteacher's office to crawl into and the office staff to chat with, followed by a schoolful of children to gawp at.
I ended up with a dead leg caused by bouncy daughter Number 2, who couldn't contain her delight at the songs played and sung. And what was that big white box with the light coming out of it? The overhead projector required closer investigation.
Biscuits were flung, raisins chewed loudly and best of all a good slide was had on that polished school floor. D'ya think they'll invite us again?
But seriously... it was a fascinating assembly about the support the school was giving to Samaritan's Purse (SP) (the organisation that sends shoeboxes full of gifts around the world at Christmas). The geezer (that's Essex speak for man) from SP told the children of an incident in which a box was delivered to a girl and in the box amongst other things, were 2 pairs of gloves. The girl was heard to comment "How did God know that my sister needed a pair of gloves too?" On hearing this the children all said "aahh" and appeared to be equally moved by the pictures the SP geezer showed on the projector.
How simple life is when you are a child. The wonder and joy that bubbles to the surface on hearing a song, the appreciation of another's gratitude. A lesson for us all.
Shalom

1 comment:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Aren't school assemblies something else?

Yes I agree, life is so simple when you are a child. Keeping working hard to continue this as long as possible as life can be very complicated as an adult!! ;)
xx