4 August 2006

Phew...That Was A Busy One!

This past week was a brilliant one for Lucy, a bit of a downer for Lily and still a bit of a mad one, workwise for Jonty. We are pleased to announce that Lucy can now ride her bike... without stabilisers - she's got the brusies to prove it! And as for the potty training - well we've had to knock it on the head for this week. If Lily sees me with a pair of training pants she runs in the opposite direction. So today I went out to buy big girl knickers, we'll see if the 'copying big sister' approach works next week. I think the highlight of Jonty's week has been being asked by Melissa to play for her while she sings at Mark & Tomoko's wedding.

Lucy has been kept busy with play dates, a family trip to our favourite beach at Westcliff, icecream, chocolate, candy floss etc. all those lovely sugar filled things that make for a great summer holiday! So today as a change from all that we decided to go on a shopping trip to Lakeside to get presents for parties coming up and school/shoe wear. Why oh why do children's shoes cost soooo much? Lucy & Lily take after their mother and have very narrow feet (great for wearing Prada shoes when older but an absolute mare now!) Having only purchased 1 pair of shoes & 1 pair of trainers for Lily followed by 1 pair of school shoes, 1 pair of school trainers & 1 pair of everyday trainers for Lucy, I came away with a bill so mahoosive it brought tears to my eyes. And I still haven't picked up the uniform bits I need!

On the pregnancy front things are going as well as can be expected. Even though it has cooled down weatherwise, I'm still finding it hard to sleep. Baby Knights wants to be up and about at 2am, which is no good for me. And what a little fidget baby is! I've resorted to sleeping in an upright position just to get a few hours. I've begun my stretching exercises in earnest now to make myself as flexible as possible for the impending birth. I'm focusing on the ones that are supposed to help increase pelvic capacity by at least 28%. How on earth would they be able to measure that sort of thing? Who knows! I did my midwife visit yesterday, who sent me for a blood test. This test and the next one at 36 weeks will determine whether or not I get my home birth. I've got to score 11 or above or it's off to hospital I go, although I'm curious how they will get me there if I refuse!

No comments: