31 August 2006

All Good things Come To An End

Sigh - we are in the closing stages of the summer hols. Lucy is attending her last Pyramid Rock holiday club at a local church and facing her last chance for a really late night. Next week it's back to the 7:30 bedtime, uniform prep, sandwich prep and lists of stuff that have to be done before the school run (memo to self hunt out PE kit). Next week also sees in the slight changes I have to make to Lily's routine in order to accomodate Baby Knights. Lily continues to be extremely vocal. Her favorite word this week is 'no'! Happy days. Jonty is still (yep still) having a mare at work. Some days I think he wishes the ground would open up and swallow him, just for a few hours, then he wouldn't have to answer his persistantly ringing phones (land & mobile). Thankfully the weekend cometh.

Had a bit of a sobering visit with my midwife today. We were doing the health check thing when she asked about my iron levels and then checked my test results. Although I'm not at the level at which they would consider feeding me iron tablets or giving iron injections (phew), the midwife did point out that if i'm still considering a home birth and anything goes wrong, I will haemorrhage faster than normal and could get into a bit of trouble. Thanks for the heads up! She then checked on the amount of rest I was getting (not a lot) and suggested I needed to hire a babysitter to take some of the strain off during the day. When I laughed at her she gave me two options: get more rest somehow or face enforced rest at my local hospital! Eeek! can you imagine anything worse? I honestly didn't think I was doing that much. So somewhere in between childcare, housework, general life and the school run I've got to fit in a nap time. Yeah right!

2 comments:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Rosemary!!
Listen to the health professional, they may know best. Are you still going with the home birth?

Knights @ not so round table said...

Yep - I'll get my iron up to the required level even if I have to live on spinach, broccoli & brussel sprouts for the next two months!