3 September 2006

Doh!

Among the human race there are those folk who, when given wise advice, listen and follow it. Then there are those who have to learn the hard way. That would be me. When the midwife says rest it pays to listen to the advice. Today has been a bit of a uncomfortable day for me. Continual Braxton Hicks contractions throughout the morning, accompanied by back pain similar to the onset of labour led to a quick consult with the family midwife, and renewed calls to 'get some rest now'. It turns out that if allowed to continue the Braxton Hicks will esculate and reach a point of no return i.e labour, which would not be good at 32 weeks.

So I'm resting. I rested twice today, although the inactivity nearly drove me mad. I think I'm going to find these last weeks of pregnancy very hard!

1 comment:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Go to the supermarket and stock up on this weeks magazines and get those feet up!