11 August 2006

Bedroom Makeover

Trying out the new bed for size

Another busy week this one, however it was spent in decorating rather than anything terribly exciting. In preparation for the arrival of baby Knights we have shifted Lily into Lucy's bedroom, but a few things needed to be taken care of first. The room was repainted courtesy of Jonty, still pink but this time a darker shade known as 'neat pink' (Lucy picked it not me). The toys and books were sifted, with much tears & shouting - tears on my part (I hate giving away books) shouting from the eldest madam as she insisited that she would be playing with that toy I'd just lobbed in the giving away/sale bag! One wall was painted with pink glitter as per Lucy's request (see behind bed), the dangly beads were hung, the new bunk bed was assembled, the new book self with storage draws was built, the old dressing table and wardrobe were dismantled and disposed of and the end result isn't half bad.
The only things left to do are build the new wardrobes, one of which arrived today and will keep Jonty busy tonight (what an exciting life we lead). Oh and I've still got to paint white clouds on one of the walls - another Lucy request! While Lucy was out and about at a friend's yesterday, I took the opportunity to sort through all her& Lily's clothing, bagging up all the stuff that I could keep for Lily to re-use and putting aside all the baby clothes that will no longer be used. It was very emotional as I looked at each little outfit and remembered times when they had worn them. I have to admit I did sneak a few items into a bag to save - Lucy's first outfit she wore to church, same for Lily, a little white coat and booties that we bought for Lucy from Stockport's undercover market and Lucy's christening dress - couldn't give those away.Surprsingly after this mass clear out I still had a huge bagful of white clothing (vests, babygrows etc.) that will do baby Knights for a good 9 months so it's all good.
This week has been a slightly better one for Jonty. He survived the dreaded pay rise meeting with his staff and has been able to push forward in dealing with some of the 'pricing in proportion' problems. Oh and to top it off he has managed to buy himself a new car, better still he got me one as well (second hand of course). Jonty's car needed its first MOT, which it failed on emissions this week. He then took it to the Seat dealer (the car being a Seat) where it passed the emissions test twice as well as the rest of its MOT. Methinks the first garage was trying to pull what is known in the trade as 'a fast one'! He gets his new car next week and hopefully I get to pick mine up this weekend. As much as I love my little Citroen Saxo (which did me proud when we lived in Manchester) it has become increasingly unmanageable. Being only 2 door it's hard getting kids and car seats in and out of the car, especially with my expanding girth. When I bought my little Citroen I had one kid and no intention of having any other, so it was fine - however with an expanding brood a 2 door is not the best option - plus it doesn't have power steering. Driving while pregnant is difficult enough without feeling the full weight of the car every time you turn a corner. Do you think I've justified my point enough?
On the pregnancy front not so good news - my blood test results were not as expected. I'm officially anaemic again. I've got to get my iron level up to at least 11.5 between now (week 29) and week 36. If I wasn't taking liquid iron everyday I'd hate to think how low my iron levels would be! I've now resigned myself to eating spinach at every meal except breakfast - sigh. Baby Knights must be growing at a great rate because every morning my belly is a little bigger, every night I find it tricky to turn over in bed and my breath is getting shallower as I'm finding it hard to take a really deep breath. Ahh - the joys of pregnancy. Hey it could be worse. Imagine suffering pregnancy discomfort and being stuck at Heathrow airport!

1 comment:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Wow, what a makeover! You have been busy! We are impressed. Lucy, wee hope you are a really good sister and share the new room with Lily,so that the new baby can have his room too! We are looking forward to seeing you al at the weekend, we hear that you ve a new dress to wear!
emily has a new dress too, she is looking forward to seeing you soon
Love J, JA and E
xxx