28 July 2006

Unmitigated Disaster



Well what can I say about potty training? Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! Not only have I spent most of this week washing training pants, sofa covers and clothes, I've been trailing round the house after Lily looking for little patches of wet left in corners. Is she dry? Not even close. What a week!

Poor Lucy has been bored to tears as we have been house bound due to potty training and intense heat. Quick forays into the garden to hang out washing have left me completely drained of energy and my neighbour wondering why I've taken to wearing a wet towel over my head! I never ever want to be pregnant during the height of summer again. Sleep has been at a premium as the temeprature has rarely dropped below 18 degrees at night and in my crazed, hormonal, sleep deprived state I've been surfing the web looking for flights to the coldest place on earth hoping to book a one way ticket.

But things are looking up. Apparently it is going to start raining tomorrow and not stop till next Tuesday. Oh happy days are here again. Well for me at least. For Jonty things are looking - well dire. It's all to do with pricing in proportion, Royal mail and incorrect software supplied by the French. It's got to be fixed by next month and tempers in Jonty's office are getting frayed.

On the pregnancy front I'm beginning to get a little worried about the size of my belly. I'm now at week 27 and experiencing lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, dull aches around the ribcage and that slow waddle walk usually associated with months 8 & 9 of pregnancy. With 13 weeks left to go if I get any bigger I may need to re-consider my desire for a drug free home birth, and ensure that the midwife brings plenty of drugs to help me birth what may be my heftiest baby!

No comments: