You know when you've been Tango'd!
According to my Bounty book (info packed guide for mum's-to-be) this week Baby Knights is now considered viable i.e. if something were to go wrong at this stage the medical profession would do all it could to keep Baby Knights breathing. Prior to this Baby Knights would have been considered as just a growing mass of cells. What a frightening thought!
I have to admit I have had a sense of unreality about this pregnancy even though I've travelled this road before and experienced the end result, somehow everyday life takes over and pushes thoughts of this pregnancy to the back of my mind. Once I've got the girlies up, chased one to the shower, chased the other through bedrooms with a toothbrush, washed, combed hair, breakfasted, packed off to school, come home washed up, played with, changed nappy several times, done household chores, lunched, packed off to bed, cleaned up morning carnage, lunched myself, woken up from nap, done the school run, cooked dinner, cleaned up, played with, bathed & thrown them protesting into bed - not a lot of time to think about Baby Knights is left.
So I have appreciated seeing pictures of newly born Emily Beth McCulloch, as it has served as a reminder to me of the child I'm growing. And although it sometimes seems like an inconvienence, I look forward to waking up at 2:00am dashing to the loo and lying in bed awake for the next hour, while Baby Knights plays footie with my internal organs and does somersaults! That lack of thinking time made me look forward to today's midwife appointment - a moment when it would just be me, bump and the midwife and the sound of a heartbeat. Unfortunately my babysitter let me down at the last minute, so with ten minutes to spare I dragged a sleeping Lily out of her cot, strapped her into the buggy and legged it to the health centre. I was met with a different midwife who was running behind schedule and who perfunctorily asked were there any problems, took my blood pressure, listened to bump's heartbeat for all of two seconds (rate was 145) and kicked me out of the room. Oh well such is life!

According to my Bounty book (info packed guide for mum's-to-be) this week Baby Knights is now considered viable i.e. if something were to go wrong at this stage the medical profession would do all it could to keep Baby Knights breathing. Prior to this Baby Knights would have been considered as just a growing mass of cells. What a frightening thought!
I have to admit I have had a sense of unreality about this pregnancy even though I've travelled this road before and experienced the end result, somehow everyday life takes over and pushes thoughts of this pregnancy to the back of my mind. Once I've got the girlies up, chased one to the shower, chased the other through bedrooms with a toothbrush, washed, combed hair, breakfasted, packed off to school, come home washed up, played with, changed nappy several times, done household chores, lunched, packed off to bed, cleaned up morning carnage, lunched myself, woken up from nap, done the school run, cooked dinner, cleaned up, played with, bathed & thrown them protesting into bed - not a lot of time to think about Baby Knights is left.
So I have appreciated seeing pictures of newly born Emily Beth McCulloch, as it has served as a reminder to me of the child I'm growing. And although it sometimes seems like an inconvienence, I look forward to waking up at 2:00am dashing to the loo and lying in bed awake for the next hour, while Baby Knights plays footie with my internal organs and does somersaults! That lack of thinking time made me look forward to today's midwife appointment - a moment when it would just be me, bump and the midwife and the sound of a heartbeat. Unfortunately my babysitter let me down at the last minute, so with ten minutes to spare I dragged a sleeping Lily out of her cot, strapped her into the buggy and legged it to the health centre. I was met with a different midwife who was running behind schedule and who perfunctorily asked were there any problems, took my blood pressure, listened to bump's heartbeat for all of two seconds (rate was 145) and kicked me out of the room. Oh well such is life!


No comments:
Post a Comment