7 July 2006

Butter Wouldn't Melt...

The wee urchin

A funny thing happened today. As normal Lil's & I did the school run. On the way home we popped into our local Tesco metro to pick up some fruit juice. We trundled home, where as per usual, I had to dash upstairs to the loo. I figured there wasn't too much damage Lily could do while out of sight. Yet from upstairs I could hear lots of thumping and banging.
Ablutions completed I hot footed it downstairs to find Lily sitting in the buggy trying to drink out of the milk carton and the fridge wide open. She has been having fridge issues this week i.e now that she has figured out how to open it, everything inside is considered hers. Quickly removing the milk from her hand I walked over to the fridge and had to laugh. She had obviously figured out the the juice needed to go into the fridge so she had removed the milk and had jammed 5 juice cartons in its place. Consequently the fridge wouldn't close so she left it open and has about to help herself to a drink after all that thirsty work.
I'm glad I hadn't yelled at her and had taken the time to figure out exactly what she had been up to because it taught me a few lessons. 1. Our house isn't as untidy as I think it is 2. Lily understands that everything has its place 3. She's very thoughful & helpful 4. We often (well at least I do) miss life lessons/ meaningful moments because we are too quick to jump to conclusions!

1 comment:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

What a cool cookie, such a tidy thing!
Good to hear all went well with the midwife too!

JA
xx