Wow Dad you built this all by yourself?
Cutie PieUnbelievably 6 weeks have flown by since Jamie was born and as you are no doubt aware life has been a little challenging. This week Lily has been getting in on the act and has proved that she can be just as stubborn as her mother. Picture the scenario - mother is on the way to the health centre for baby's hearing test with toddler in tow. Toddler refuses to get out of the car seat and proceeds to scream the street down. Mother resists the temptation to do a 'Homer Simpson' i.e throttle toddler, as she is parked opposite local police station and you know they are watching. After bribery with sweets (swore I would never sink to that) toddler gets out of car seat. Make it to appointment just in time, however on the return journey toddler refuses to get into car seat (out come the sweets). Yes I know I'm creating a rod for my own back and my words are coming back to haunt me i.e. I'll never be one of those parents who gives in with sweets etc. I figure when I'm getting slighty more sleep I'll have the mental energy to win the battle of wills with Lily.
Friday night Jonty and I had our first experience of colic. The girlies as far as I can remember never suffered from it. Well it was interesting to say the least. Poor Jamie screamed from 7pm till 11pm and needless to say tempers got a little fraught. In the absence of colic drops I discovered that a little sugar water does the job of soothing a dodgy tummy. Jamie still hasn't quite got the hang of Gina's routine yet and the uncertainty of what he'll do next means you can't really plan anything for the evening. After a few nights of waking at 3am, 3:30am & 4am he reverted to 1:45am & then 5:20am which just left me disorientated the next day. Thankfully my friend Clare had Lily for me that day and Lily had a great day with her best buddy Lewis.
The weeks seem to be marching on at a fair old rate bringing Christmas ever so closer and my stress levels are rising because I haven't got myself organised present-wise. Normally by this time of year I'm pretty much ahead having purchased several gifts during October. Was kinda busy this October. Jonty is on form Christmas -wise having started playing Christmas carols in the car from the end of October - what a saddo! At least I can hold out till end of November!
I wonder what, if anything, Jamie will think of Christmas? I know what Lucy thinks about Christmas as I've already been presented with a list for Father Christmas. D'yah think I should tell her he doesn't exist yet or leave it a few more years?



3 comments:
As one set of Lucy's god-parents, we have been having the discussion about father christmas. What should you do? Well... J says tell her he doesn't exist so that she won't be disappointed if she doesn't get what she asked for etc. I think don't tell her as there isn't much innocence left in the world these days and the imagination and excitement that FC brings is just great! FC rocks! What do you mean he doesn't exist? Who delivers all the presents then?
JAXX
I agree let her have a few more innocent years - besides FC didn't bring her everything she asked for last year - cause she had a few(!!) naughty moments :-)
Oh to have that innocence in our world today!
Post a Comment