10 November 2006

Just Your Average Morning

6:30am Awoken by indignant screams from the other room, I rush in to change a soggy nappy and do a feed. 10 mins or so later Jonty staggers out of the bedroom and we exchange a normal half asleep greeting '...ning' possessing not enough energy to get the entire word out.
6:50am One child leaps out of bed the other has to be convinced out, needless to say the leaping toddler is now rampaging up and down the hallway ignoring all attempts to get her in the bathroom to brush her teeth. By now I've had to put the little dude on the floor so the cold will wake him up as he prefers to sleep through a feed.
7:15am Jamie is awake again and feeding... oh no he's fallen asleep again... no was that a suck? Yep we have feeding action again. Girls are in the shower but are fighting because Lucy has taken Lily's car. Actually fighting is the wrong word to use. Lily is bellowing at Lucy (she has a deep voice when angry) and whacking her, Jonty is trying to shave but cannot see the mirror from the clouds of steam produced by the shower.
7:25am A dressed Jonty removes Lily from the shower, who has since regained possession of the car, and gets her dressed and downstairs for breakfast. Jamie has fallen asleep mid feed again so he gets left in his cot while I chase Lucy out of the shower. She is so like me it's unreal, given half a chance I would have a long shower too! After 10 or so mins of chivvying Lucy along with her uniform, hair, socks & reminding her again to tidy her bed, I give up and head to the shower. 2 seconds later I'm dressed and trying to squeeze a bit more milk into Jamie, who is completely uninterested in the proceedings.
7:50am Lucy is finally downstairs and having breakfast and I'm collecting together the various scraves, coats, gloves, bags, shoes etc needed for the school run. Jonty makes sandwiches for himself and Lucy and encourages Lily to finish her cereal.
8:10am Jonty finally escapes the mad house for work and I grab the opportunity for breakfast only to be interrupted by one or the other child who now wants toast, a drink, or an idea of what to put in their lunch box.
8:20am Yippee I just got a mouthful of toast, while Lucy unpacks the dishwasher and Lily attempts to poke Jamie. Lily is removed from Jamie and sent off to play in the front room.
8:25am Lily is refusing to put on her boots so Lucy shouts at her. Lily shouts back and then I start shout for them to be quiet. Blood pressure beginning to rise.
8:30am Having reminded Lucy to fill up her water bottle she now proceeds to spill the contents across the kitchen work top. She can see by the look on my face I'm close to explosion so she mops it up... quickly!
8:35am Lily finally gives in and lets me put on her boots, coat, scarf, gloves, hat but will now not get into the buggy. I manhandle her in and then give her a biscuit to stop the screaming.
8:40am Running late again I grab Jamie put his coat on and pop him in the sling, grab the buggy, check that I've got the correct number of children and that all required items are present and correct and leg it out the door to school.

How does the rest of the day go? Pretty much at the same pace minus one child until 3:15pm when the craziness steps up a gear! C'est la vie!

3 comments:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

You are a really super yummy mummy!

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Is this an advert to have three or not to have three?
Sounds hectic but I'm sure things will get better.
J

Knights @ not so round table said...

Have three by all means - just space them a little better than we did!