10 April 2006

Time Flies...

What have I been doing since the end of March??!!! Life has been taken up with Lent study courses, sickly children, lots of midday naps (need more sleep badly), meeting my new midwife and my 35th birthday (arrrgghh)!
The Lent study was fantastic this year and gave rise to the opportunity for some deep meaningful conversations and some refreshing honesty. I'm really hopeful that some of the rifts that have formed in our church are healing.
My new midwife is a lovely round cuddly Trinidadian who laughs a lot. We are going to get on just fine especially as she didn't even bat an eyelid when I requested a home birth. It will be nice to have consistant care this pregnancy. During Lily's pregnancy my midwife committed suicide, a situation made doubly hard because she was a family friend. I still can't sort out my emotions over the issue. Hopefully time will change my perception or bring understanding.

2 comments:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

wow! I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday!
Oh and thanks for the books, Jamie is busy reaing the manual and giggling!!

Knights @ not so round table said...

Thought he'd see the funny side. Books with pictures are best for dads to be!!!