30 April 2006

Party Mania

6 loaves of bread, ham, cheese, chicken, salad, jam tarts, crisps, peanuts, fondant fancies, fairy cakes, sausages, pickled onions, trays, plastic knives/forks/spoons, fizzy drinks for the kids, wine for the adults, bin bags, paper napkins, sweets to take to school, balloons, paper plates, tablecloths, party poppers, - check!
I'd say that was pretty much everything for Lucy's up and coming birthday party. If I've forgotten anything feel free to mention it! Who knew organising a birthday party could be so much hassle?
The hall was hired at a fraction of the cost (phew) and the entertainer will be worth every penny (ouch) we're paying him. Yep entertainer! Gone are the days when you could get away with pass the parcel, musical chairs, statues etc. I'm pleased to say that I have seen Mr Pickles and his magic show in action and he held my attention. Hey... small things please small minds.
Right so it's just the party bags left to sort out and the extra large birthday cookie to pick up. This may be the only full blown, invite half the class and family birthday party I'll ever cater for.

(Thanks for Lucy's birthday gift J & JA. Arrived saturday and is now safely hidden)

1 comment:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Glad it arrived and on time! We must keep up with some of our godparenting duties! We just can't believe that little Lucy is now such a big Lucy.
Happy Birthday Lucy Loo!