4 March 2006

Mean Midwife

My sister cast a critical and professional eye over me yesterday and said "you're putting on weight" (gulp) "how many weeks are you?" "Six" I mumbled. "You may want to watch that" she replied before turning round to torment one of her own kids.
There are, I know, major benefits of having a familial qualified midwife living just round the corner, but I'm not feeling it right now! Fine I'll ditch the chocolate, ginger biscuits, pizza, olives and onion ring crisps that I've been indulging in and start on the dried apricot (high in iron), sprouted bean & alfalfa shoots (loaded with good B complex vitamins), curly kale, broccoli, lentils, chick peas, fish, cashew nuts, red/green/yellow peppers, citrus fruts and be bored to tears for the rest of this pregnancy BUT I REFUSE to give up my weekly fix of aromatic crispy duck in pancakes smothered in hoisin sauce. It's funny how my former vegetarian diet has hit the rails. I just can't seem to get enough meat at the moment!

2 comments:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Roz, see the next 8 months as a chance to eat what you want, I seem to remember, your pregnancy weight has always dropped off before!
Enjoy
(Oh I have really developed an even more sweeter tooth. I love pick n mix!)

Knights @ not so round table said...

Hmm cola bottles!