24 February 2006

A Funny Thing Happened The Other Day...

It's strange the path your life takes. Jonty & I were musing the other day about me being a stay at home mum. He asked me if I was happy and I answered yes. Had he asked me that question 10 years ago I would have screamed 'how can I be happy stuck at home with the kids, they're driving me crazy!' etc. 10 years ago I would have been climbing the walls in frustration as I found small children noisy, smelly, snotty & generally yuck. The girlies have been and still are some of those things but I see them through eyes of love and they do go to sleep!
I remarked on the mellowing of my personality and how much I enjoyed being with the girlies and even threw in the line 'maybe we should consider another one'. Little did I know that I was already pregnant! The reaction of friends has ranged from 'congratulations, that's fantastic' to 'you must be crazy. If I knew having kids would be like this I would have got sterilised at 18!'
So it is with much joy and anticipation that Jonty & I look hopefully towards the arrival of baby no. 3 in October 2006. I'd really like another girl!

9 comments:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Wow!!
Baby number three, we are so pleased for you and all the family and hope and pray that all goes well for a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Knights @ not so round table said...

Weird isn't it? Baby 3. Seems like such a large number of kids. Hope all is well with McCulloch bump.
R

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Yes all is well, we were at the midwife this week and got to hear the heart! I am really amazed at the whole process, the baby is really wriggly at the moment, especially at around 10pm. I hope this is not a sign of the future.
I am one of 4. Three isn't so big, i think it is quite a cool number of childen to have. You have great fun with board games and picnics!

Knights @ not so round table said...

Sasha please take your time & wait till the wee one is out of nappies. Believe me it's no fun changing a brown nappy and trying not to heave cause evening sickness is raging!

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Glad to know that pregnancy and parenting has not put either of you two off. Roz, I have been told that a peg on the end of the nose whilst eating ginger biscuits might help.

Knights @ not so round table said...

I've had a belly full of ginger in all formats. Ginger tea, ginger biscuits, slithers of fresh ginger under my tongue. That's probably what's making me feel so sick!

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Milky ways taste great at the momen
t, try one or four of those!!
At least if you are sick, they will taste great the first time!

Knights @ not so round table said...

Very true - Milky ways it is then and the waist line be damned!

Knights @ not so round table said...

Fantastic - please let me know how you go about it. I may try and give it a go with Lily. It will be nice not to have to change two sets of nappies :-)