Jonty took the Eurostar to Paris this morning. He was up at 4:00am and left the house by 4:45am... and yes he woke me up! Daughter number 2, who seems know when dada is not about, also decided to wake early. She is now whinging through her afternoon nap, but is getting no sympathy from me!
I spent some time last week, in between kids, clubs, school,church, checking out various websites dedicated to moving France-ward. The French love of red tape was most evident! All official documentation(passports, driving licences, marriage/birth certificates) require translation into French (naturally) and to be certified by a solicitor, various permits, health care stuff etc. requires your personal attendance at particular offices etc. sheesh! And I want to move to France why? Getting itchy feet again. I've lived in Grays 3 years now and already I find myself looking elsewhere. Why? Beacuse I've never lived in one place longer than 9 years and moving has become a bad habit!
It will be interesting to see whether or not Jonty's visit today and chat with French counterpart will have a major impact on our life. Odd isn't it how simple conversations can change so much?
15 November 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I hope Jon's meeting went well and that you will feel a sense of direction appearing for you all. I hope Jon has started listening to French CDs in the car to go along with his dutch lessons!
J
Post a Comment