29 September 2005

Ok we succumbed. Inspired by a friend's blog we figured we'd have a go as well. Welcome to the ramblings of the Knights. Ok the title requires explanation - we spent 4 (yes I know only 4) glorious days in France at the end of July and fell in love with the place. I have to admit the Jardin Du Luxembourg did it for me. The adventure playground for the kids was fantastic, the grass was immaculate, the carousel was - well quite unlike anything I have ever seen. There were pony rides and puppet shows, great tennis courts, an art museum etc. etc. Now that was what I'd call a park!
So all we need now is a work transfer to France!

A bit of back tracking is needed. Why move again? Well I started off in Barbados, Jonty popped into existence in East London. I moved to England, Jonty was still in London. I moved back to the Caribbean - this time Trinidad, then Tobago (little island next door and much nicer). Yep you guessed it - Jonty was still London sitting. Eventually Jonty & I hooked up and we moved to Manchester. I studied & he worked (good lad). I passed my degree and had number one daughter. We stayed in Manchester a while (fantastic place make sure you visit) and then moved back 'down south'.
Anyway back down south we both worked and number one daughter went to nursery & then school.

I then had a mid-life crisis and left work to become a full time mum - note entry of number two daughter. Having survived mid-life crisis I'm now thoroughly enjoying being at home with my kids. Gone is the tearful child dropped at nursery or with the childminder. Gone is the 2 hour commute into London for work. What has this all got to do with moving. Not much but I really enjoy being in different places and my children seeing life from a different perspective and Jonty is happy being whereever I am.
Ok it's time to clean up the carnage created by number two daughter. Hope my next posting will make a little more sense. Tarra for now.

1 comment:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Wow! it's nice to have you online, your ramblings made plenty of sense, it's good to hear that our goddaughter is an all round good kid because we think so too!
Keep us informed
JA