6 March 2007

Lily Breaks Her Collar Bone & Other Stories


The first sound we heard was the falling of a mug. Slowly we realised that Lily had been carrying Jonty's mug downstairs. Then we heard the plaintive cry. We found her at the side of the stairs (we have an open staircase), eyes rolling back in her head. We weren't really sure what she had hurt but she wouldn't let us touch her right shoulder. A very quick journey to A & E and thankfully a short wait led to a doctor pronouncing that nothing was broken otherwise she would be screaming in pain. Not so. I kept noticing a lump on her shoulder and took her to the GP on friday, who sent me to a small local hospital for xrays. That xray showed up a rather large gap in Lily's collar bone.
Now I'm not the squeamish type but when I saw that xray I think I turned green. I drove Lily, Jamie, Lucy & myself to the large general hospital where I had a three hour wait in a filthy A & E, before being seen. The Nurse practitioner that saw Lily took the xray and showed it to the doctor that had seen her the first time so she 'could (in her words) continue his education'. We are off to the fracture clinic tomorrowwill keep you posted as to what happens next.
On a lighter note young Jamie is on day 26 of his weaning regime and boy does this kid love his food. He adores parsnip, is ok with pear, hates apple, loves sweet potato, not sure about swede and finds carrot passable, courgette however is a big no no. Later on this week we intend to try potato, green beans with red pepper and apricot. All to be washed down with lashings of lovely baby rice which he can't get enough of. And Lucy ... well she is doing really well at school. She came home the other day and announced that she (finally) loved reading. I've been waiting for this moment for ever. I've got so much stuff for her to get her little nose into. It's gonna be great!

No comments: