Unbelievably February is upon me and I've hardly had time to blog! These days every time I try to start something I get interrupted by one child or another. Yesterday, while attempting a peaceful bathtime with Jamie, Lily proceeded to pour a jugful of water over the wooden floor in the front room, Lucy screamed and the place just descended into chaos. If you are wondering how Lily got hold of the jug that would be because I stupidly left it on the floor. Not that leaving it on the worktop would have made any difference - Lily can climb and she is now tall enough to reach the worktop. Lily is currently wacking her bedroom door and screaming because she can't get her baby pram over the stair gate so excuse me one moment.....
Ok I'm back another mini disaster averted. The big thing in our house at the moment is discipline. You never really get the opportunity as a parent to sit down and discuss with your other half exactly how you intend to discipline as you tend to hit the ground running and see what happens. I would love someone to write a book that had all the answers to questions like "do you tell off your 2 year old if you discover she has been using her 7 year old sister's nail varnish or do you show amazement at her dexterity"? Or "is it appropriate to raise your voice when your 7 year old is screaming at you?"
I never imagined that being the parent of three children would prove to be so exhausting. Jonty and I discussed the possibility the other day, of running away to a desert island somewhere to rest, but then we realised we'd have to take the kids with us! Thankfully the little dude is the least of my worries and is quite content to play on his mat while I deal with the fights that kick off between Lucy & Lily. For those of you how know my girls well yes they do fight and at times it can get quite nasty and loud. Lily has a scream that can seperate skin from bone. How can someone so small make so much noise? I am thankful however that all the kids behave in public!
Uncle Ricard & Jamie
Lucy's pictureWell today is the day that Jonty (poor guy) is going to have that little operation done that should ensure that no more little Knights appear on the scene. I won't go into detail but suffice it to say he's terrified. Jonty doesn't do needles!





2 comments:
Well I'm sure it can't be worse than child-birth...I'm impressed with your sympathy...!!!
I hope all went well with the op!
Lucy I really like your picture, will you do one for Emily's room?
Post a Comment