Listening to the news this evening I heard that David Beckham was signing a new contract with an American football club to the tune of £1 million a week for the next 5 years. Did my ears decieve me? 1 million a week!!! Eeek! Surely that is an obscene amount of money? In this global village that we live in, that is tantamount to 1/3 of the village hogging all the houses, food, technology, land, pretty much everything and the other 2/3rds being left with kinda nothing! Silly me that's what happens anyway.
It blows my mind that we in the Western Hemisphere are quite happily prepared to pay large sums of money to celebrities, ship food half way round the world, use energy and resources indiscriminately, all without batting an eyelid. We've become numb to justice. I hope 2007 is a year in which justice prevails, in society, finance and the environment, even if it hurts those of us that live in Western comfort. As for David Beckham, I'm sure he is more than happy to recieve such a substantial salary, hey if anyone was willing to offer this stay at home mum that kind of salary increase, I'd jump at the chance!
On a lighter note, the Knights family have bounded into 2007 with vigour (ok just the kids bounded, Jonty and I shuffled). Lucy is back at school and again loving it (homeschool traitor!), Lily is developing new skills (see photos later) and Jamie is.... losing his hair. My poor little boy is going bald! All that lovely dark hair is coming off. However, Jamie is making up for this hair loss by developing the most fantastic smile that greets me every morning... and when it's time for a feed!


No comments:
Post a Comment